Monday 13 May 2013

Everyone Loves Marilyn

Morning Crafters,

Hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for another week of inspiration from the LLC DT.  This week we have a photo inspiration from the gorgeous Louise and the photo is made up from items around Louise's house, OMG aren't they yummy, think I need to visit Louise's house for a vacation, I know I'd just love it.


Well my mojo is on a serious vacation and I do hope it returns soon.  As beautiful as Louise's picture is I have struggled to get myself into gear, I really don't know what is wrong with me but I hope it passes soon.  That being said this is what I have come up with. I have used a Stampsmith Stamp of Marilyn Monroe.  Everyone loves Marilyn don't they?  I have taken the turquoise, pink and white from the inspiration photo.  All edges were distressed with the blending tool and black soot distress ink.  You know I think everytime I'm in my craft room I use my blending tool, don't know what I'd do without it, lol.


Papers are from Maja Design Spring Basics 4th May and the turquoise is from Riddersholm called Camille.


Beautiful flowers, see thumbnails below and those gorgeous blackberries and apple.  I have also tied a bow using the lace petite and added one of the new shabby bark hearts to the centre.  The beaded heart was turned pink using my copic marker. All the flowers had a dusting of white gesso, well it's me so of course they would, lol. 

I have also used a Melissa Frances Clay Corner, love these.

Now look at this beauty.  This is one of the Vintage Findings Teardrop Pearl Centres, note to self..... must add more to my next order.  I thought the prima musical note paperclip was perfect for Marilyn and also the Ranger photostrip.


Here's another view of the flower arrangement.



Have a good week everyone.

Hugs Tracy x
Follow Me on Pinterest


13 comments:

Sue said...

This is stunning Tracy. I love that image, gorgeous papers and wonderful detailing. May have to add the musical note paper clips to my wish list ready to make my daughter's card later in the year.
hugs Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Tracey, love your design and the image is fantastic. Not the usual Marilyn image. Your display of flowers is quite beautiful. I think your mojo is still there, Kate x

Carol Willis said...

Just gorgeous Tracy. Love this.
Hugs
Caz x

krafty-kutz said...

Oh wow... Absolutely stunning x

Louise said...

Gorgeous card, you have such a fabulous touch with details. The pearl center on the flower is amazing and adds the perfect touch
hugs Louise

Unknown said...

Awww, very cute, love everything about this card.
Jasmina

Sharon said...

Gosh Tracy even when your mojo disappears you create stunning cards.
This is gorgeous and so many beautiful embellishments.
Hugs Sharon. x

Words and Pictures said...

Golly... it doesn't seem like a mojo-less creation from the outside. The black and white image is a gorgeous focal point in amongst the delicious papers and flowers, and there's such a sense of life and beauty to the whole thing. Do hope you start to feel the mojo moving soon, for your sake - but I'll happily settle for a card this lovely in the meantime!
Alison xx

Elin said...

I love the card hun, its packed with lovey stuff! It always amaze me how you manage to get so much yummy stuff on ONE card??? and makes it look so natural and good <3 Love the combination of colors to.
Hugs xoxo

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Tracy, that is one stunning vintage card, I love all the embellishments and those flowers are gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Ann Marie Governale said...

If this is what "no mojo" looks like, then I want it! Lovely card... xxx Ann Marie

Heidi said...

Another stunning card!
Beautiful design:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Unknown said...

Yeah it's definitely ages since I've left comments here on your blog...but I do recall you saying that you weren't happy about this card, but c'mon... I think it's gorgeous; a yummy pastel flower display and the image is very cool. Love how you added the pearl centre to the flower. Sandy xx