Monday 9 September 2013

Gardener Gayle


Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend.  I had a lovely day out with my friend yesterday followed by a lovely home cooked roast dinner, yum, yum, it always tastes better when someone else cooks it doesn't it.  Diet starts today, yep I keep saying that, but it really must, going to be a long haul.

My card today is using Saturated Canary image Gardener Gayle available from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps, and with the theme for the DT to follow over at LLC this week of Wild Orchid Crafts, I thought she would be perfect.  I have coloured her up with distress inks.


I have used two papers by MayaDesign, Vintage Summer Basics, 1923, and Shall We Have Coffee, Flowers on the table.  I cut out the little seed packet from the PionDesign Vintage Garden Flax 6x6 sheet, love those little packets, and I added a key charm.  (This is the door key as Gayle was planting in the front garden and didn't want to let the dog out so had to close the door behind her, hehehe).


I have used a variety of Wild Orchid Craft flowers, all links below, and added a gorgeous resin bird cage by Melissa Frances, just love these resin pieces.  The gorgeous lace is again the Empress Alexandra, and you know by now that this is my favourite lace at the moment, I say that as Sandy is always getting in gorgeous laces that it's so difficult not to like them, especially as I luvvvvv my laces.


I have added Shabby White frantage around the image and some rose fragments and Aged Rose on the butterflies.  The 6mm pearls were also treated to some shabby white frantage before adding to the centre of the butterflies.

Be sure to pop by tomorrow for Tina's gorgeous creation.


This card is available for sale in my Etsy Shop.

Hugs Tracy x
Follow Me on Pinterest

10 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Tracy. I love the pretty image, your colouring is amazing and such gorgeous embellishments and beautiful papers too.
Hugs Sue xx

Juls said...

Stunning!!! Xxx

Unknown said...

Good Morning Tracy,
With this card you just brought Summer back to life again! It's such a grey and gloomy day, so thanks for cheering me up with this gorgeous creation. Love everything about it! have a good week. Hugz, Sandy

Sharon said...

Absolutely beautiful Tracy. So much gorgeousness to feast the eyes on. A very special card.
I must start my diet again also - such a drag!!!
Hugs Sharon. x

Kelly said...

How sweet and utterly beautiful your card is. Love how you did Gardner Gayle! Love those butterflies too.
Hugs Kelly

Shazza said...

this is so beautiful x

Elaine said...

Stunning Tracy!
Look at all those lovely luscious embellies...so beautiful.

Love the colours too :)

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Simply glorious, Tracy - I love the movement and drama from those butterflies around the edge, so gorgeously delicate and sparkly, as well as the gently distressed plainer ones. Wonderful!
Alison x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Tracy, oh wow another stunning card, I love how you build up the layers and the flowers and image is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Unknown said...

Love your card! New follower here! I am so pleased that you show all the supplies you use. Really informative for a newbie card maker like me!