Sunday 17 November 2013

Frosty the Snowmen

Morning Everyone,

Remember the LOTV snowmen family, lol.  Well, my chap who always buys his cards from me loved them so I had to do another one for him.  So I had to put my thinking cap on with this one, made a little easier by my guest position at the Ribbon Girl and the fabulous inspiration photo.

I have added the Marianne Design window again, love this die and added some gupe lace behind the window as a blind.  The papers are MayaDesign Vintage Christmas Time 6x6 paper pad from Live and Love Crafts and I managed to still capture the baubles hanging down on the right hand side.


Here's the inspiration photo that I followed at the Ribbon Girl.



I have used the white daisys and added red kort and godt roses to the centres and some white stamen to the sides.  I added red berries and glass glitter, all available from the Ribbon Girl. There is lots of frosting, my beloved snow tex of course and gesso here and there.



I have also used the new picket fence and only the plain was available so I painted it using white gesso.  The trees are a Distinctively Dees Die and I added lots of diamond stickles.  I finished off at the bottom with 12mm danielle lace from the Ribbon Girl. The snowflakes around the edge are by Noor Design/Joycraft, another favourite die.

I also had to make a quick card for my nephew and you know I don't really enjoy boy cards, not me at all, so I reached for some dies. I have used 3 Marianne Design dies, the zipper, the silouette men on the pocket and also the Happy Birthday text.  The paper is from the latest Marianne Design release All for the men. The zip pull is by Prima Junkyard Findings Zipper Pulls




Have a good Sunday.
Hugs Tracy x
Follow Me on Pinterest

11 comments:

Jo said...

OMGosh, the Christmas scene on your first card is amazing, it's sooo real life, you've layed it out absolutely beautifully and the colours and embellies are just gorgeous. I adore the simplicity but the imagination put into the second card too, such a cool card for a guy, hugs Jo x

Lorraine said...

That is one of the most stunning cards I've ever seen. I'd give anything to be able to make cards like that. Beautiful.

Cinzia C. said...

OMG Tracy your card looks fabulous!!!! All the dies are great and the embellies match perfectly with them. Simply stunning!!

Hugs
Cinzia xx

Chrissy said...

What a stunning Christmas card Tracy...just beautiful,every detail...gorgeous.and just love your male card..fantastic..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shazza said...

A-MA-ZING!!

everything is beautiful x

Ribbon Girl said...

your snowmen family card is just perfect Tracy, hugs Mary x

Sue said...

WOW!! Your Christmas card is totally stunning Tracy. I love the image and so much gorgeous detailing.
A fantastic card for your Nephew, such a fabulous design. The zipper die looks amazing!
Sue xx

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious, Tracy - I adore the touches of dark red in amongst all that frosty beauty - and I can see exactly why that chap loves the snowman family!!
Alison x

Sharon said...

The scene you have created is stunning Tracy. You are a very talented lady.
Hugs Sharon. x

Anonymous said...

This is stunning!, I love all the white and those gorgeous flowers, just beautiful
Hugs julie P

Unknown said...

Great scene and fantastic use of the paper. Sandy xx